11. Thin out your wardrobe and donate to Goodwill.
12. Find a place for everything, and put everything in its
place. Anything without a place either gets thrown out, goes into storage, or gets donated.
13. Have a garage sale. Make sure that unwanted or
unusable items are priced to sell.
14. Find the perfect real estate agent for yourself.
15. Do a complete staging walk through with your real
estate agent or another objective person to determine what you need to do to get your house ready for the market.
16. If you're planning on buying new furniture after you move, consider buying it now and refurnished your current place. The same goes for linens, area rugs, and curtains.
17. Dig up your old home inspection from when your house and see if there's anything you haven't addressed.
18. Hire an inspector to do a preemptive inspection.
19. Figure out your monthly bills to give to buyers if asked. This shows you're organized.
20. Consider making your home more energy efficient with high-efficiency appliances, new windows, or better
insulation, or even just a programmable thermostat.
21. If you're buying another house, make sure you're
pre-approved for your mortgage.
22. Think about any problems you've had with the house, and get ready to disclose them or think about repairing them.